Urban Health Watch
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligners to straighten teeth. It’s a popular alternative to traditional braces, which use metal brackets and wires to move teeth into the desired position. In this blog, we’ll explore what Invisalign is, how it works, and its benefits.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligners to move teeth into the desired position. The aligners are made of a clear, BPA-free plastic that is custom-fitted to your teeth. They are nearly invisible, so most people won’t even notice that you’re wearing them. Invisalign can be used to treat a range of orthodontic issues, including crowded or crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, and bite problems.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign treatment typically begins with a consultation with an Invisalign provider. They will assess your orthodontic issues and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you. If Invisalign is a good fit for your needs, your provider will take impressions of your teeth and create a customized treatment plan.
Your provider will then use 3D computer imaging to create a series of clear aligners that will gradually move your teeth into the desired position. Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks before being replaced with the next set in the series. The length of treatment varies depending on the severity of your orthodontic issues, but most people wear Invisalign aligners for about 12 to 18 months.
Benefits of Invisalign
There are several benefits to choosing Invisalign over traditional braces:
- Appearance: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so you can straighten your teeth without the look of metal braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic that won’t irritate your mouth like traditional braces can
- Convenience: Invisalign aligners are removable, so you can take them out to eat, brush, and floss. This means you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods and maintain good oral hygiene during treatment.
- Predictable results: Invisalign uses advanced 3D computer imaging technology to create a customized treatment plan for each patient. This means you can see what your smile will look like before treatment even begins.
- Fewer office visits: With Invisalign, you typically need to see your provider only once every six to eight weeks to check your progress and receive new aligners.
Is Invisalign Right For You?
Invisalign is a great option for many people who want to straighten their teeth, but it’s not right for everyone. Invisalign is typically best suited for mild to moderate orthodontic issues, such as crowded or crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, and bite problems. If you have severe orthodontic issues, traditional braces may be a better option.
It’s also important to note that Invisalign requires a high level of compliance from patients. In order for the treatment to be effective, you must wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day. If you’re not willing to commit to wearing your aligners as directed, Invisalign may not be the right choice for you.
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligners to straighten teeth. It’s a great option for people who want to improve the appearance of their smile without the look of metal braces. Invisalign is comfortable, convenient, and offers predictable results. If you’re considering Invisalign, it’s important to talk to a dentist, as our friends at TruGLO Modern Dental recommend, to determine if it’s the right treatment for you.